The EUCA Student Travel Support Program is meant to enable high performing students with financial needs, to attend the European Control Conference 2018 (ECC18), present their paper(s) and become more integrated into the scientific community.
Submission deadline: Monday, February 19, 2018 (17:00 CET)
Eligibility and requirements
In order to be eligible, an applicant must:
- be an author of (at least) one paper accepted for presentation at ECC18;
- present at least one of the accepted papers;
- be a student (PhD, Master or Bachelor student) at an academic institution.
A total of ten (10) students can be funded. In case the number of applicants exceeds the budget, additional criteria will be used to make a selection among the applicants. These additional criteria prefer applicants who:
- will present more than one paper at the conference,
- are the primary authors of their accepted papers,
- have low income and travel cost cannot be covered by other sources.
In addition, the selection committee may decide to limit support where more than one presenters from the same institution would otherwise be offered support to attend the same conference.
To apply, students must send to the ECC18 secretariat via email, the following:
- The EUCA Student Travel Support Application Form (download link)
- Scanned confirmation that the applicant is enrolled as a student.
- Signed letter from an academic supervisor/co-author supporting the application form, and confirming that the student is a main contributor to the paper (with what percentage), and the student’s financial need.
Please submit the supporting documents to the ECC 2018 secretariat via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, with Subject “EUCA Student Travel Support Application”, no later than Monday, February 19, 2018 (17:00 CET).
Decision messages about travel support will be sent out on Monday, February 26, 2018.